Thursday, December 9, 2010

Skating Lessons


This boy wants to play hockey.  And in order to do that, he needs to graduate Level 2 skating lessons.  And he's working pretty hard at it.  

When I asked him for some skating tips, he told me, "Put your ice skates on and run!"  That is EXACTLY what he does.  Almost all the other skaters seem to have a push-glide-glide pattern, but not Will.  He puts his skates on and somehow runs across the ice.




I wish I had video of him skating backwards.  He gets those arms swinging back and forth and somehow it propels him backwards.  Funny!


Now if we could just get him to pass Level One!



1 comment:

lonestark said...

I have watched a lot of hockey and it sure seems like all they're doing is running on the ice in those skates. Maybe he's on to something? :) Go Will! Love his sweet little smile in that last photo.