. . . please hurry and finish building our house!
Just kidding. I'm not in that big of a hurry!
They are adding this gridwork to create a layer of air, which helps insulate the house and prevent icicle buildup. Many of the features of our house are unique to building in the mountains.
One of my favorite features of the house is the roof. It has so much personality!
Quite a stylish chimney, don't you think?
We had an avalanche in our bedroom.
This is the fireplace "hole" for the Family Room. You can see the actual fireplace box in the background! Exciting, huh? I am very excited to have a fireplace!
These last two photos are of the Family Room. The windows aren't in yet, and it is very cold in here! But the view is awesome.
I never thought Bryan and I would attempt a project like this. To be honest, I have never really wanted to build a house or undertake a major remodel. It's funny how things work out sometimes! Opportunities can unfold at the most unexpected times.
Life can be like that.
We still have a ways to go. We look forward to sharing this place down the road! We hope to someday have lots of visitors : ).








1 comment:
It's going to be so awesome, Mel! I can't wait to see it. The view is unbelievable.
Post a Comment