The doorbell is not in yet.
Neither is the gutter or the heater.
We can go upstairs now.
But there are no railings. So we have to be very careful.
No horsing around.
Which is hard for some of us.
Above, Gig and Gaby are horsing around in Gig's room.
It's been really fun to watch a drawing on paper come to life! Kevin and his carpentry crew are doing such a good job.
Now we just have to figure out flooring. . . and plumbing fixtures. . . and appliances. . . and trim color. . . and where to put every single electric outlet. . . and what kind of lighting to use. . . and what style kitchen cabinets. . . and we are completely clueless in this department. This is where the budget could get completely out of control.
Does anybody want to help me with this?
Please??
And, to be honest, I really feel like this is your future vacation home. Mi casa es su casa. So if you'd like input into your getaway digs. . . I'm just sayin'.
What do you think of white kitchen cabinets?
*Poxatawney(?) Phil DID NOT see his shadow! YAY!!!
And, to be honest, I really feel like this is your future vacation home. Mi casa es su casa. So if you'd like input into your getaway digs. . . I'm just sayin'.
What do you think of white kitchen cabinets?
*Poxatawney(?) Phil DID NOT see his shadow! YAY!!!







3 comments:
I would love to help! I've always got lots and lots of ideas for decorating and fixtures - sad, really. Pottery Barn dreams on a Target budget. :) I like white cabinets but think you should go for something with either a little distressed white cabinet or something a little off-white. They make some really nice ones.
You always do a nice job so I have no doubts you will make good choices.
I'd love to help, too. If you want to email me things to give an opinion on, I'm happy to do it! Not as good as Karen and you at it, but I love to play with houses!
Hey, maybe what I'll do is post some pictures of options here on the blog & take a little poll. . . just as things come up. Thanks for the offers to help!
Mel
Post a Comment