Wednesday, February 2, 2011

No School!!

Frigid weather rattles Steamboat; city schools close for the day




I guess the last time the schools were closed here for weather-related conditions was 1988.  There was some sort of gas main break, and they wanted to conserve the town's energy.

Here's the look on my kids face after I told them the news:


*This is actually a re-enactment. Will already had his boots off and plopped himself in front of cartoons.  I broke the news to them after they were all bundled up and heading to the bus stop!  I'm a nice mom that way.  

Now what do I do with them all day??

2 comments:

lonestark said...

Have you broken the news that this likely means an extra day at another point during the year? :) Stay warm! That is CRAZY cold and I will officially stop complaining about my 40 degree weather here. LOL

Pam said...

Stay warm is right. Hope you've had a good day. I always crank up the baking on a day like that. Hopefully, things will warm up soon.