Monday, November 8, 2010

Grand Junction



Gillian ran her 5K for Girls on the Run Saturday.  It was a weekend of driving, swimming, playing with friends, eating, shopping, and RUNNING!


The weather was b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l.  Grand Junction's trees still had their leaves.  More than 900 girls turned out to run.  It couldn't have been nicer. 

The Girls on the Run program has been such a positive thing for all the girls the last two years.  They focus on running, of course.  But they also teach the girls to encourage one another and to feel good about themselves.  It's been a really great thing.

Before going to sleep last night, Gillian told me some of the things she's thankful for about herself:
-I like being tall!
-I have thick hair that is a beautiful color.
-I make really nice friends.
-I like my style : ).

Now, as a mom, those are great things to hear your child say about herself!!


Will ran most of the 5K, which means I did, too!!







No comments: