I'm not sure if it was Bryan or me who noticed the "Sunrise at 5:50 a.m." sign at the hotel check-in. I think it was Bryan. We'll blame it on him. : ) We were out there right at 5:50. But the sun wasn't on time. It didn't get there until about 6:20 or so. We sat & froze while we waited for it.
It was so gorgeous to see the sun rise up over the Canyon. Great way to start the day!
We spent the morning stretching our legs and walking along the South Rim. It felt good to get out in the sunshine. Hope we didn't scare anybody away with our winter-white pasty legs!
Will made a little buddy.
Sam was having a great time horsing around on the ledge. I didn't think that was so funny. People fall off, you know. Last time we were here (6 years ago) Bryan bought a book called 'Death at the Canyon.' On that trip we spent the rest of our vacation reading about all the ways people have died at the Grand Canyon. Most people fall in. Horsing around for pictures.
I was impressed at how few railings there was along the rim. The National Park system must really trust people to use their common sense. Either that or there's not enough funding to put up more safety railings. Or they don't want to mark up the beautiful landscape with railings.
The Canyon was just Grand. Next time we are hiking down and camping at the bottom!
I have to admit. I was glad to get all four kids safely back into the car and drive two more hours into the heat of Phoenix.









No comments:
Post a Comment