Monday, April 25, 2011

Driving Thru Utah

It's amazing how fast a week can go.  One week ago this morning, we headed out from Laramie on our way to Arizona.  This is what I-80 looked like:


As we headed south, things started to warm up.  Slowly.



We drove by Arches National Park.  Just drove by, didn't stop.  We had 15 hours of driving to do that day.  


Utah is beautiful.  I can't wait to go back sometime and actually stop!! 

We drove through this canyon on our way towards Moab.



Pretty stuff!  Looks like a great spot for camping.  Or maybe even kayaking or canoeing.



The kids did great.  I don't think we had to pull over to the side of the road to threaten anyone the whole trip.  Yahoo!!

They read, played games, listened to their Ipods, watched movies, colored. . .  


Sam helped with the driving. . .



Will started reading chapter books . . . 


. . . everybody took turns snoozing. . . 


. . . and we stopped about a million times to let Will go to the bathroom.  

Gotta love little boys!




This was as we were leaving Mexican Hat (!) Utah.  Below is Monument Valley.  We drove through here as the sun was setting.  I would have much better pictures if we would have stopped.  But I'm glad we got to drive through and see it.


We got to the Grand Canyon by 9 pm.  Exhausted, but happy to be there!!  Pictures from there tomorrow.



1 comment:

lonestark said...

Looks like you were able to get the pictures off your camera. That's great!