Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Vote for Gig


Gillian is running for student council.  Today she has to give her speech to 85 fifth graders.  And in case you're wondering what's all around her "sandwich" board. . . it's a sandwich!!

She was at the dermatologist yesterday (getting the mole on her head checked).  Dr. Eivens  asked her if she was going to wear a sandwich board, and Gillian thought that was a genius suggestion.  Here's her speech:

Hi!  I am very excited to be running for your Student Council.  Check out my SANDWICH board!!  


Let me explain:



-Gillian is BREAD for success.

-She will work hard to LETTUCE be a great school.

-She will not tell you a bunch of BALONEY!

-She will SPROUT excellent ideas.

-She will do what it takes to earn your CRUST.  Wait,  I mean, trust.

-Gillian is a little bit of a HAM.

-She is not CHEESY!

-TOMATO, TOMATO, however you choose to say it, VOTE FOR GILLIAN!!

(pause. . . )

. . . she really cuts the MUSTARD!!!


 Hey,isn't it about lunchtime yet??  I'm getting hungry!


Good Luck, Gig!!

4 comments:

Grandma said...

I can't wait to share this with Alli! Today was our last day of organized golf, so Aunt Dana took her to school.

What a clever idea! Good Luck, Gillian!

Love,
Grandma

Pam said...

Hi, Gillian,

Good luck! I'm proud of you for running. When I was your age, I ran for something, too. My sign said "Don't be a ham, vote for Pam". You are much more clever!!

Love,

Grandma Pam

Melanie said...

Thanks, I had a lot of fun, but I was so nervous when I when I got up in front 85 people I can't wait to hear the results,I have the butterfly's in my tummy.

Love,
Your sandwich Grandchild,
Gillian

lonestark said...

Good luck, Gillian! If that campaign speech doesn't win you the election, I don't know what will. And I LOVE your sandwich board. Unlike Gma Pam the Ham, I never ran for student office - too terrified of public speaking. So good for you for overcoming your nervousness. I'm so proud! Love, Aunt Karen