Nearly every Sunday, we head out to the house after church. We can wander around without worrying about tripping on ladders or extension cords. We don't get in anyone's way. The kids can climb on the scaffolding without anyone yelling at them (!).
Okay, I admit it. I let them.
The latest development out there is the spray foam insulation. There is purple-ish foam everywhere. 8000 pounds of it.
Gig & Will thought these foam blobs looked like big brains:
And this is what it looks like in the walls. Our contractor has told us this foam does multiple things:
1. (obviously)It keeps out the cold. Basically it makes the house like a foam cooler. Should dramatically lower our outrageous heating bill.
2. It stabilizes the framing. Cool.
3. (my personal favorite) It keeps out unwelcome critters. Yahoo!! I admit, we had a vole problem before. Still gives me the shivers.
Here's Bryan on Father's Day. . . putting his Cowboy on.
They are pretty much finished with the siding.
Will was a little disappointed that the inside isn't as beautiful as the outside. : )


No comments:
Post a Comment