Sunday, June 26, 2011

Road Trip

We did a little road trip through our state this last weekend.  We needed to pick up Sam & a buddy from basketball camp and meet the church van for a youth group mission trip.  Once we got the boys to where they needed to be, we headed to Telluride for a night:


 I don't know what to say.  The place was so pretty it almost didn't seem real.


No photoshop!  I don't even know how to use the color enhancing tool without making photos look fake.  This is how the color really looked.  


The gondola was half a block from our pet-friendly B&B.  Off season, cheap rates.  Actually, the whole town was pet-friendly.  They even let us take Tom on the (free!) gondola.  


And once we got to the top of the mountain, Wow!  No words can describe how beautiful it is up there.


God, you do good work!!  I mean, really, really good job.








We went back the next morning and decided to "walk" to the bottom.  It didn't seem like it would be that far.  I was wearing clunky sandals and carrying my camera bag/purse and a paper coffee cup.  I looked like I was going to the grocery store, not a hike.  Gaby was wearing flip flops.  Will wasn't wearing socks.




The "walk" ended up being 3.3 miles along a mountain biking track.  : )  No backpack, no water, no snacks, no sunscreen. . . Uh, Hello??  Bad parents.  Bad parents.   

And because I put my family through this, I twisted my ankle about twenty five times.  No kidding.  I couldn't complain about it, though, because I was trying to get my kids to stop complaining.  That's what I get.


So after we made it to the bottom, we found this place:






We got our kids pizza and ice cream.  That (almost!) made them forgive us for torturing them!



We didn't want to leave, but we had to get Bryan back to work.  On the way out of town, we saw a herd of big, beautiful elk right on the river.  With babies!


1 comment:

lonestark said...

Amazing! Telluride is awesome. I've not been there in a long time. I think I need to make another trip sometime.