So we were driving somewhere today. . . it was either the golf course, or the dentist, or the haircut place. Or maybe it was the library after I picked the kids up at school. No, that's not it. Shoot, I can't remember. It doesn't matter. Anyway, Will was in the back, and it was just him and me in the car. That part I remember. Will began by saying, "Oh! I think I know what I want to be when I get big!"
We've had this conversation before. And it's been lots of different things. A fireman, Spiderman, a policeman, an astronaut, a scientist, a soccer coach, an animal rescue guy. But this was different. He was really putting a lot of thought into this particular career choice.
"I think I want to be one of those people that work at the stores and take people's money and put their things in bags."
"Oh, you mean a checker? At the grocery store?" I'm thinking we're getting out of paying for college tuition for this kid.
"Not at the grocery store." He sounds annoyed that I'd even suggest that. "At Walmart."
Silence.
My kid wants to work at Walmart.
Nothing wrong with that.
Will adds, "I really like to see what people pick out. I want to see what kind of toys they're buying."
So at least he has a reason for wanting to work at Walmart: he's nosy.
2 comments:
Your pictures are great.
LOve Alli
Out of the mouths of babes!! I love this site, Mel, you've done a great job with it and your pictures are great. And maybe this nosy desire of Will's will lead to him being a buyer for them one day so he can choose the toys that go on the shelves. Best of both worlds!
Post a Comment