Thursday, May 26, 2011

Looking for Frogs


So yesterday after school, Will begged me to go on a bike ride with him. He wanted to play soccer and look for frogs. 

 It was after 5, we had just eaten dinner, and I had a bunch of things to do.

Will got my backpack out of my closet.  In it he put his soccer ball, a water bottle, and my camera.  All on his own without me knowing.

How could I say no?




It was gorgeous out.  


So I got to take pictures while Will played.  


I learned a lot!



Climb high.


Don't worry if your socks don't match the rest of your outfit.


Run fast!  Kick hard!


Ride your bike.


Life is messy.


Dig in anyway!



If you don't see a frog in the pond, look in the grass.


Then look behind the rocks.


Then look behind that rock clear over there.


If you still can't find any frogs, make the best of your situation.


Take risks!


Jump!


If you fall down. . .


. . . roll with it. . .


. . . and get back up!


Wear your ski helmet.  And soccer cleats.  And jeans with holes in the knees.




Have FUN!!


Enjoy the little stuff.



And to think I almost said no to this.  

I would have missed a great time with my youngest who is growing up way too fast.






1 comment:

lonestark said...

I can't begin to tell you how much I loved this. Your youngest is ALL boy and reminds me very much of his daddy when he's adventuring. It's beautiful and I'm glad you captured it.