Monday, October 3, 2011

Outakes


Bryan was on call in Laramie this last weekend.  We were looking for stuff to do.  Bryan thought we should take some family photos.  So we did.

We went out to this old bridge:



You would not believe what it's like taking pictures of my kids.  And husband.  You would think that the maturity level would be a little higher. . . more cooperation. . . more family love and harmony, you know?  So this is what I got:


Welcome to the Gun Show!




I just want one picture with all my kids looking.  Just one.  They don't even have to totally smile.  I'm not that picky.  

And the hardest one to get to cooperate was the 16 year-old:



And then Will decided to . . . 


. . . get up and dance?!?


What the???


Alright.  So we finally got Will back.


And I (somehow) got Sam to look at me:


And that's the only one I got.


Seriously.










Afterwards, there was a really, really big double rainbow stretching all the way across the wide-open Wyoming sky.  

Like God promising me I would not have to suffer through anything like that again.

(Actually, we had a lot of fun!!  I can't wait to do it again.)
















2 comments:

lonestark said...

It may take me an hour to stop laughing. I think the family christmas card needs to be the one where Bryan is interloping. Too fun! And FYI, when Angela took everyone's pictures, she photoshopped smiles on some faces to get any that looked decent. LOL

Pam said...

How much fun! Love the photos and wish you were in them, Mel! Thank you.